Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:54:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Talk Knitting Discussion Chat Forums - The Wool Shack
|-+  Knitting hints and help, tips and tricks
| |-+  Yarn Exchange/Search
| | |-+  Lion Brand WoolEase Discontinued Color
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lion Brand WoolEase Discontinued Color  (Read 6200 times)
CrochetLady
Wool Shack Newcomer

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2006, 04:58:57 PM »

Sad  When my special-needs student began her afghan for her brother, she was able to purchase the color yarn we are looking for, back in about November of 2005.  However, we have discovered that she didn't get enough.  Since she was unable to purchase it at any of our local Lion Brand-carrying craft stores or Wal Mart, I looked for it on the Lion Brand website and that is when I discovered that it is a discontinued color.  I e-mailed Lion Brand and they said there is absolutely no more of that color.  So, I thought I would try here.  What we need is    Caramel 620-124. If anyone has some of this color and would be willing to sell off 3 or 4 balls of it, I would be delighted.  If you have even one ball of it, I would be happy to take it off of your hands!
shazknits66
Wool Shack Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 07:27:40 AM »

Hi there CrochetLady, firstly welcome to this forum.

We have an on line store here in Australia who sells Lion Brand yarns so you could maybe try them, you never know they might have what you are after.  They can be found here
http://www.knittingloft.com/store/default.pl
good luck with your search,
Sharon
http://shazknit.blogspot.com

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.  Proverbs 31:13
CrochetLady
Wool Shack Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »

Hi Sharon,
I checked out the Knitting Loft - it's a good site!  However, since the Caramel is not one of the colors listed, I'm guessing they are up-to-date on the fact that it is discontinued, or it's possible it wasn't a good color in Australia, I suppose.  Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.  And thanks for the welcome.  When I checked on the yarns that The Wool Shack carries, I thought there might not be anyone who would want to admit that they even used Lion Brand yarns!   wink   The yarns listed on this site are some of the very best!

Thanks, again, for your help.
Shannon
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »

I've got discontinued Lion Brand wool from ebay .. it was the Cotton Ease - I thought the price was quite reasonable (including postage from the USA to Australia) ... I think it worked out to about AUS$7.50 a ball.
Maybe try there  huh
CrochetLady
Wool Shack Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 04:28:41 PM »

Smiley  Thank you Shannon, for the eBay suggestion.  Think I might try it.  Postage wouldn't be as much, if I only search in the US, anyway! wink  I've been just a bit off on eBay, even though my sis used to sell the American Girl Doll Clothes at auction on eBay and did fairly well with it.  Don't know if I would have to wade through tons of junk yarn to try to find the one I want.  Guess I could just do a search on eBay for that particular color, eh?  Am not so happy with the idea of using Pay Pal, but it might not be so bad.  A friend of mine said that she found one of three colors of another kind of yarn that she wanted on eBay and she felt it was a good price, too, like you did.  I'll post here if I do that and I find what I want!  That would be very good!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length